Some unique aspects to Key West Seafood Direct
- Our fresh products are truly the freshest wild caught seafood available from Key West and throughout the Florida Keys, the Caribbean, Central & South Americas, and other beautiful waters from around the world! All of our wild caught seafood is protocol processed upon harvest maintaining the quality demanded by top chefs.
- We understand that another key aspect to bringing the freshest wild caught seafood is to deliver them whole. The moment any seafood meat is exposed to the air, it loses freshness. The wild caught seafood products we carry that aren’t whole are always selected with the utmost regard to the timing of the catch being protocol processed as fast as possible, with proper packaging and temperatures.
The most beneficial aspect of buying our fresh wild caught seafood from the beautiful waters our fisheries source, is that you can legally advertise the origins on your special features menu or sidewalk menu specials!!! Any same day fresh wild caught seafood products (within 24 hrs of harvest) from the Florida Keys yield a higher market value and potentially a higher profit margin.
- Many of our IQF (Instant Quick Freeze) products are simply products that only come this way. IQF also helps to sustain supply chains through seasons. Top Chef’s know IQF can be as fresh as it gets. IQF is done immediately upon harvest locking in freshness before the catch bleeds out and rigor sets in. We choose fisheries that provide FDA compliance sheets on protocol processing and storage.
When seafood is caught far offshore, IQF is often the freshest, most cost effective way to be harvested. This is the case with almost all shrimp. The moment our vessels pull their nets of shrimp up, they’re dropped dripping wet right into our IQF -15 Degree Freezer. Once thawed, it’s as close to a fresh catch as filleting and grilling the moment of harvest.
- Key West Seafood Direct will take special requests made at least 3 days prior to specified delivery date. This allows our several captains to know on a specified day that we need a specific catch.
- Key West Seafood Direct makes ordering our wild caught seafood product line seamless and user friendly from any device you can connect to the internet with (anytime you want)! We set up each new customer with an online account including analytics to track previous orders, repeat orders, and place new orders at their convenience. Our website shopping cart is set up for processing order, not payments. Payments will be made upon delivery either C.O.D. or terms of Net 15-30 days for those who qualify after 15 deliveries. We also accept orders in writing via email or fax.
- Chefs can order beyond 7 days out all the way into the next few months. This allows us to share our projected demands with our fisheries in hopes of attaining the products we’ll source for you. We will create a Custom Pre-Order Program for any Chef interested! Our weekly delivery days are Tuesday through Saturday 8am-5pm.
Any orders beyond 7 days out can be cancelled. If supplies ever do run low, customers that are the first to order any one of our products scheduled for delivery on a particular day will always be first supplied.
- We genuinely appreciate every order and customer the same. Our model is based on top quality seafood with consistent supplies at competitive prices backed by sincere customer service. Any established Chef should be able to serve our top quality wild caught seafood with significant profits.
- We’ve worked very hard to bring a unique high-end line of sustainable wild caught seafood products to St. Petersburg and all of Tampa Bay. We look forward to earning your business.
Glenn Martyn, President
Key West Seafood Direct, Inc.
Cell Ph: 727-557-8021